about More Musing

We are focusing on building a community, bringing the Mortal Muses photographers together, and making the world a bit smaller. On this page, you will find mission: MUSE, muse university and special features.

Friday, February 4, 2011

what inspires you? - chelsea

mission: MUSE - "what inspires you?"
by guest muse chelsea

"In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary." 
~ Aaron Rose

To me, light creates magic.

 Dew drops in the grass sparkle like diamonds.
Beautiful silhouettes and dramatic shadows.
Flowers illuminated, glowing vivid colors and showing every detail.
Light is playful...hide & seek and peekaboo.
Something ordinary is transformed into extraordinary.
Light reveals, showing the intricacies and imperfections.
A rapid change in color as the sun rises and sets.

Light is what inspires me daily to pick up my camera. Seeking out natural light leads me, draws me in, and dictates when and what I will shoot.

Every morning is like unwrapping a present, unsure of what nature will kindly offer that day. Light is always there waiting for me, and these little moments of beauty take away my breath. I know that the sight before me will never be replicated exactly, so I treasure each photo as a way to remember it forever.

The synonyms of the word light are: bright, brilliant, clear, glowing, luminous, lustrous, radiant, resplendent, rich, shining, vivid. I am inspired by the physical presence of light. But these variations of the word perfectly illustrate what I strive to find in my shots, what I search out through my viewfinder, and what I hope my style reflects.

a musing by Chelsea Chamness of hearts and scars and chamcam on flickr

__________________________________________________________

"what inspires you?" is the the second assignment of the mission: MUSE series.
You may submit an entry to mortalmuses {at} yahoo.com.
We are still accepting "where i live" submissions.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for musing with us and inspiring us. xo tam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful - love your play on words and brilliant photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love playing with the light! It's one of my favorite things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Tammy! And thank you everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful post - thank you for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a beautiful shot!! And I love your words too. Never thought about it that a way light is showing never replicates exactly the same. Wonderfully said. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete