about More Musing

We are focusing on building a community, bringing the Mortal Muses photographers together, and making the world a bit smaller. On this page, you will find mission: MUSE, muse university and special features.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

what inspires you? - linda

mission: MUSE - "what inspires you?"
by guest muse linda jackman

When asked to answer the often asked query of "what inspires me?", my first thought... God and everything he has created, but that is too broad. Narrowing it a bit, I would say, the meaning behind the image.

I have always been a deep thinker and even as a child my brother would make up meaningless songs about my name and exasperated, I would plead with Johnny to tell me what it meant. He never would.

So for as long as I can remember my quest for meaning has been important. Everyone one is shaped by their experiences and those experiences are part of their heart’s story. I capture the images that tell their story and in the process capture a piece of their history. 

Here is an amazing story of an expectant mom: you can read it here.

And here is the story of a child being handed back the freedom of childhood. You can read about it here.
Hearts and daisies have a special meaning for me and I love to make them a concept.





Most of my portrait photography tells a story. Prior to the session I have to know what the story is and become immersed in it. I ask myself questions like, “What is it, how do they feel, what were they thinking. What do t hey like and dislike, what makes them cry and what makes them laugh? Most of the time my clients are in tears and have said "you have captured so and so's personality perfectly" . I know I have done my job when the tears are flowing.

So with meaning as my muse I tend to be a storyteller behind the lens with photos instead of words. Putting it down in black and white, I realize after all it is the human heart that inspires me above all else.


Thank you Muses for inviting me to dig deep down into my heart and see what inspires me.

Linda Jackman

Visit me at http://lindajackmanphotography.com/ for a sneak peek at my newest inspiration... templates, textures, and overlays..  Actions coming soon! 

You may also connect with me on facebook: Linda Jackman Photography

_____________________________

"what inspires you?" is the the second mission of mission: MUSE series.
You may submit an entry to mortalmuses {at} yahoo.com.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, what an expressive photography. Very inspiring! I can imagine that clients are touched. I am too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photography is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful images, each one tells a unique story. Thank you for sharing your inspiration with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for musing with us. I am inspired. xo tam

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are so beautiful and i love that every photo is about ♥ or love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos all. Your creative use of hearts is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the lovely comments. This is a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda's work is amazing! Thankyou for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the hearts and those Dorothy shoes?... eeks makes me want to play with my camera all day - you photos are sublime :)

    ReplyDelete